Access BBC iPlayer on iOS when abroad
You got NordVPN to watch BBC iPlayer outside of the UK? It’s not that simple. It’s not as easy as connecting to a server and just watching. Here are a few things to know if you want to watch BBC iPlayer outside of the UK.
Ireland Is Not Part of the UK
A lot of people confuse this. Northern Ireland is part of the UK. Actual Ireland isn’t. Connecting to one Dublin server in Ireland will not work if you want to watch BBC iPlayer outside of the UK.
What If You Are Connected to a Server in the UK, but BBC iPlayer Still Isn’t Working?
If you want to watch BBC iPlayer outside of the UK, you need to connect to the UK – BBC server. The rest don’t work for BBC.
How to Install BBC iPlayer on iOS
On Apple devices, you can’t simply change your address as you will lose apps if you do so. That’s why you need to make a new account.
- Firstly connect to our VPN to be in the UK virtually.
- Secondly, simply make a new account. To do so, you will need to sign out of your current iCloud account. Once you are signed out, you need to go into Settings followed by iCloud and press the Create a new Apple ID text.
- You will be asked the standard registration kind of stuff. Fill it in.
- When it comes to the country though, select the UK of course. Make sure to provide a UK zip code and address which you can find on the internet by searching for a “UK zip code generator.”
- Select None as your means of payment when making your account and if that doesn’t pop up, do it when downloading BBC iPlayer.
- You will also need to provide a British number which most zip generators will do, but otherwise, you can search for a generator for numbers on Google.
After you download BBC iPlayer, you can connect back to your old iCloud account, but in order to actually watch content from BBC, you need to stay connected to a VPN.
How to Set NordVPN Up
- Press the Buy button.
- Select your plan.
- Provide your password and email.
- Go to the Download section and choose your device.
Where Do Virtual Private Networks Work?
Internet doesn’t come with freedom in every country. In China you will almost certainly not be able to use it. Iran, Syria, and Russia, Turkey, Iraq, United Arab Emirates, Oman, and Belarus might also cause you problems.