You got NordVPN to watch BBC iPlayer outside of the UK? It’s not that simple. It’s not as easy as connecting to a server and just watching. Here are a few things to know if you want to watch BBC iPlayer outside of the UK.
Ireland Is Not Part of the UK
A lot of people confuse this. Northern Ireland is part of the UK. Actual Ireland isn’t. Connecting to one Dublin server in Ireland will not work if you want to watch BBC iPlayer outside of the UK.
What If You Are Connected to a Server in the UK, but BBC iPlayer Still Isn’t Working?
If you want to watch BBC iPlayer outside of the UK, you need to connect to the UK – BBC server. The rest don’t work for BBC.
It’s Not Working on Chromecast. How Do You Fix This?
You can’t. Chromecast does not support any VPN services.
How to Install BBC iPlayer on Android
It’s not as simple as turning on a VPN and connecting to a UK server to install BBC iPlayer as BBC iPlayer is only available in the UK Play Store.
You actually have to change the country of your Play Store to be able to install the BBC iPlayer. Otherwise, it just won’t appear. You will find it on Google, but if your press to install it, it will lead you to the Play Store and state that BBC iPlayer is not available in your country.
You need to change your billing country.
- To do that, go to payments.google.com and click on Settings.
- Press on the pencil symbol beside Country. A box will appear asking you to create a new profile.
- Make sure to select Continue and to choose the UK as your country. Press Continue once again. After that, you need to provide a UK address and zip code. To find one search for a “random zip code generator” on Google. Most of these generators provide addresses too.
- Close the Play Store if it’s open and go to Settings followed by Apps. Find Google Play Store. Press Force Stop followed by Storage, and lastly, press the button in caps stating CLEAR DATA.
- Connect to NordVPN if you haven’t already. Select any UK server that works for you the best for BBC iPlayer.
- Open up the Play Store again. You should be able to download BBC iPlayer now.
If this doesn’t work, make sure to clear data and force stop the app again and give it a few minutes.
How to Install BBC iPlayer on iOS
On Apple devices, you can’t simply change your address as you will lose apps if you do so. That’s why you need to make a new account.
- Firstly connect to our VPN to be in the UK virtually.
- Secondly, simply make a new account. To do so, you will need to sign out of your current iCloud account. Once you are signed out, you need to go into Settings followed by iCloud and press the Create a new Apple ID text.
- You will be asked the standard registration kind of stuff. Fill it in.
- When it comes to the country though, select the UK of course. Make sure to provide a UK zip code and address which you can find on the internet by searching for a “UK zip code generator.”
- Select None as your means of payment when making your account and if that doesn’t pop up, do it when downloading BBC iPlayer.
- You will also need to provide a British number which most zip generators will do, but otherwise, you can search for a generator for numbers on Google.
After you download BBC iPlayer, you can connect back to your old iCloud account, but in order to actually watch content from BBC, you need to stay connected to a VPN.
How to watch BBC iPlayer on the Amazon Fire TV Stick
On the Fire TV Stick, you will have to use the Amazon Appstore to download the BBC iPlayer.
- Firstly search for NordVPN and install it. You can also find it by going to Categories and Utility. There you need to scroll until you find it.
- Connect to either UK server.
- Then go to Manage Your Content and devices followed by pressing Settings.
- Click on Country Settings and press Change. Provide your new address or rather a random UK address with a random UK zip code. You can get both by simply searching for a “zip code generator” on Google.
- Select Update. You will get a notification on a screen that says learn more. Click on that and press Update your default Kindle Store. You’ll have to re-enter your Amazon account information then.
- While still connected to the NordVPN search for the BBC iPlayer app and install it.
- Turn it on and watch whatever you desire.
How to watch BBC iPlayer outside of the UK from your Web Browser
- Close your web browser first.
- Connect to either UK server.
- Open up your web browser. Go to www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer
- Watch whatever you desire.
If this doesn’t work then clean your cache.
On Windows, press Ctrl-Shift-Delete and on macOS press Command-Shift-Delete to see an option to delete cache from your web browser.
How to Set NordVPN Up
- Press the Buy button.
- Select your plan.
- Provide your password and email.
- Go to the Download section and choose your device.
Where Do Virtual Private Networks Work?
Internet doesn’t come with freedom in every country. In China you will almost certainly not be able to use it. Iran, Syria, and Russia, Turkey, Iraq, United Arab Emirates, Oman, and Belarus might also cause you problems.